The blackcurrant in Tamil has its native name different from all the other regions of India. Since the popularity of the fruit can be seen in many common products, you will find a good number of brands pushing quality items on the market.
|Tamil name||karupatti palam|
|Binomial Name||Ribes nigrum|
Blackcurrant in Tamil name
A blackcurrant in Tamil is known as karupatti palam, which is completely different from how it is pronounced in other regions in India. While the fruit here has garnered quite a name recognition, some people might not be aware of all the benefits blackcurrant brings besides the taste that so many are familiar with.
Blackcurrant Nutrients list
Blackcurrants in Tamil have a different name, but the list of nutrients and minerals stays almost the same. Here, we will look at all the data-related information about them.
|Nutrients||% of DV||Quantity|
|Energy||Nil||264 kJ (63 kcal)|
|Thiamine (B1)||4%||0.05 mg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||4%||0.05 mg|
|Niacin (B3)||2%||0.3 mg|
|Pantothenic acid (B5)||8%||0.398 mg|
|Vitamin B6||5%||0.066 mg|
|Vitamin C||218%||181 mg|
|Vitamin E||7%||1 mg|
Types of Blackcurrant
There are over two types of blackcurrants that can be found in the market. They are American and European blackcurrants. American black currant is known as Ribes americanum, native to the land of North America. The other name for the North American variant is called wild black currant. On the other side of the lake, you have European black currant or Ribes nigrum, native to northern Europe and Asia region.
Side effects of blackcurrant
Some of the side effects of blackcurrants can get annoying at most, but allergic reactions could lead to severe problems down the road.
- If you ever dealt with allergic reactions from fruits, then suffice it to say you need to stay away from blackcurrants.
- People who take blood clotting medication also need to avoid adding blackcurrants to their diet.
- If you have hypertension or take any blood pressure medication on a regular level, try avoiding blackcurrants.
- Blackcurrants have high levels of vitamin C, which can lead to gastrointestinal disturbances.
- These above points are some of the side effects of blackcurrant.
Benefits of Blackcurrant
The healthy benefits of blackcurrants also take center stage along with the amount of recipes blackcurrants can be blended in with.
- Blackcurrants have a high amount of vitamin C content, which works as a powerful antioxidant and we all know vitamin c is very essential for our body.
- It may contain anti-inflammatory properties within.
- It may help raise the immune system in our body.
- Blackcurrants might have antimicrobial, antiviral, and antiseptic properties.
- It may carry some anti-cancer effects.
- Consuming blackcurrant may aid with healthy digestion.
- Moderate consumption of blackcurrant can help improve brain health and cognitive abilities.
- Blackcurrants can boost your muscles and improve your bone health.
Here is a list of some of the health benefits of blackcurrants that can help you deal with many of the typical variants of health symptoms in our modern diet routine.
Availability of blackcurrant in Tamil areas
Blackcurrants are not among special categorized fruits that you can only get once a year or twice; you can obtain blackcurrant or any blackcurrant-type products from your local store all year round without meeting the shortage
Recipes of Blackcurrant in Tamil areas
Blackcurrant recipes are relatively new and are uncommon to see in india. You will find a very limited variety of blackcurrant recipes that can range from mixed fruit to smoothies. At the same time, there is a limitation to deal with when it comes to finding Indian recipes.
But there are countless other ways to prepare with blackcurrant; the global market has been filled with creative approaches to blackcurrant-related recipes.
Price of Blackcurrant in Tamil areas
The price of blackcurrant in Tamil will be a bit expensive; the cost of the fruit here will be around 120 to 250 per kg or more; the quality will have a heavy impact on the cost and its availability.
E-commerce can bring the price down by a lot by letting the consumer use discounts, coupons and many other ways to lower the asking price for them.
Blackcurrant in Tamil will share a different name in many of the regions of India, but the nutrient aspect of the fruit will very much stay the same.
Always focus on the quality of the item before making a purchase. You can look for brand details to ensure the quality of the product.
The popularity of the blackcurrant has given plenty of fast-food people a more health-conscious mindset.
Does blackcurrant taste bitter?
The sweetness of the blackcurrant is what makes the fruit popular amongst people. There are plenty of recipes that use the sweet factor to add fruit in many blackcurrant recipes.
Should you worry about the side effects of blackcurrants?
Overconsumption can lead to many problems; blackcurrant is as popular and nutritional as it may be, so you should consume a moderate amount of it. The blackcurrant side effects don’t bode well with medications.
Are blackcurrants expensive?
Fruits here are going to cost around 100 to 200 rupees; you can get a decent amount of it under 200 rupees. Premium quality blackcurrants might cost a lot, but there is no shortage of decent quality blackcurrants under 150 rupees radar.